Meet Andreann Geise!
Enjoy my recipes, tips, reviews and much more on these pages updated frequently.
Born in Greece in 1969, my father was military (he fought World War 2, Korea, and Vietnam) and my mother was born and raised in Greece. I speak both Greek and English fluently.
Moved to the US when I was 4. Grew up in Northern New Jersey (a few miles out of New York City). Moved to Myrtle Beach, SC in August of 1988 (a year after I got married).
Major television and radio experience:
- Food Network as the winning contestant of Ultimate Recipe showdown 2 (comfort food category) which aired Feb 15, 2009. Hosted by Guy Fieri. See some of my episodes as well as my winning recipe from the show at http://www.foodnetwork.com/search/search-results.html?searchTerm=Geise&form=global&_charset_=UTF-8
- Cooking Channel show “Perfect 3” brunch segment. I did a demo of my Beet Green, Prosciutto and feta quiche, aired Feb 2012
- “Morning living with Martha Stuart” Radio Jan. 27, 2011, live conversational interview about Greek cuisine and my recipes, 12 min. segment
- “What’s Cooking” on Cable Radio network on Jan. 26, 2011, live call in interview about my Greek low country fusion recipes and my experience on food network 10 min. segment
- “What’s Cooking” News 12 Connecticut Jan. 26, 2011, taped in studio (one cut) Cooking demo and talk about Greek low country fusion 11 minute segment
- WPDE News Channel 15 (Myrtle Beach) May 11, 2011, live interview about cooking and the Coastal Uncorked food challenge
- WBTW News 13 (Myrtle Beach) live interview about Taste Show in Myrtle Beach May 13, 2010
- Easy 105.9 live radio May 13, 2010, interview about Taste event
- Coastal Today Show Aired Oct. 26 to Nov. 1, 2009, about my culinary achievements and a cook book I am writing
- WRNN radio April 12, 2009, call in interview about the upcoming showing of URS2 and my experience
- TV 33 tapped interview about my judging of a local chowder cook off April 2009
- Coastal Today Show local TV show Aired March 2-8, 2009, taped interview about my experience on URS.
Other relevant experience
- Currently work as a personal chef and restaurant consultant. I am also working on a cook book in my father’s memory.
- I am A South Carolina BBQ Association senior judge, ambassador and novice instructor.
- Worked as executive chef and launch chef of a large local Greek restaurant (200+ seats). I hired entire kitchen staff, trained staff, developed the recipes for the menu, helped organize and equip kitchen, placed food orders, organized events, handled all executive chef duties and was the spokesperson.
- Worked as a fishmonger
- Did 2 live cooking demonstrations on stage at Taste Show in Myrtle Beach (shared the stage with Guy Fieri part of one of my demos)
- Did children’s cooking demonstrations
- Did live cooking demonstration at William Sonoma Columbus Circle in NYC.
- Prepared and served one of my signature dishes at Conde Nast Cafeteria.
- Did live cooking talk at the March 31, 2011 1st annual f.l.a.v.o.r. even in Myrtle Beach.
- Did live cooking demo at Bon Appetit Supper Club in NYC associated with Santa Margarita
- Did a live iron chef style food challenge at the Coastal Uncorked food show
- Participated in live grill off event at the Lazy Days Arts Festival in Cary NC for the Berenger wine great taste challenge
- Had many recipes published and or mentioned in many magazines including : Cooking Light, Family Circle, Saveur, Bon appetit, SC women, Taste of Home, Coast, Alternatives Newsmagazine, Coast Life, Local Life and local newspapers
- Part owner of a restaurant with my family where I worked almost every aspect of the business (not just in the kitchen but also waitresses, hosted, bartended etc)
- Judged BBQ competition (with Aaron McCargo Jr)
- Judged a local chowder competition, chili competitions, collard competitions and a cake competition.
- Judged at the World Food Championships 2015
- Won multiple cooking contests
- Had a soup served at fashion week NYC at Zac Posen’s after party associated with Bertolli and Rocco DiSpirito
- Have had recipes on Gorton’s, Sunkist’s, Santa Margarita’s and TGI Fridays web sites
- Bushes Beans picked one of my recipes to be used in a magazine advertisement in Cooking Light
- Have written & planned menus for events
- Created signature cocktails for events
- Attend many food related festivals and activities and have a large following of foodie friends and colleagues.