The perfect cauliflower pizza crust. If you like thin crust pizza then you will love this Gluten free version using cauliflower to make the crust. It is packed with flavor and thanks to the addition of hard cheeses the texture mimics a normal thin pie crust well. You can pick it up, fold it and eat it just alike a great NYC slice of pizza. It has the strength to hold a number of toppings and still be picked up. There is a crispness to the outside that gives an amazing mouth feel, the garlic and herb pack it with flavor. This may be your new go to pizza. It is also a great way to sneak veggies into a child or fussy adults diet. Even a person who does not like cauliflower will love this pizza.
Garlic and Herb Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
2 cups grated Cauliflower **
½ teaspoon coarse ground Kosher salt
1 large egg
½ tablespoon finely chopped garlic
½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon ground fennel seed
1/8 teaspoon ground rosemary
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup grated aged Queso
1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano
** To make your own grated cauliflower, place cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse until it is the size and texture of rice.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place grated cauliflower into a large sauté pan over medium heat, sprinkle with salt and cook stirring often until most of the moister is cooked off. About 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Crack the egg into a large bowl, add Garlic, Italian seasoning, fennel seed and rosemary. Whisk together well.
4. Add the cheese and cooled cauliflower, mix until well combined
5. Pour the Cauliflower mixture onto the center of the baking sheet. Form into a ball and press into a ¼ inch thick circle similar to a pizza crust.
6. Place into the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until Golden brown.
7. Remove from oven, top with desired toppings and place back into the oven for another 8 to 10 minutes or until toppings are cooked to desired texture and color.
I topped mine with Pizza sauce, Mozzarella cheese, Julienned bell pepper, Onions, Capicola, mushrooms and fresh basil.
Prep time 10 to 15 minutes
Cook time: 32 to 8 minutes.
Makes 8 slices or four servings.